How to set-up the Groopit App for Slack
- You must be an existing Groopit customer to use the Groopit App for Slack. (Request a demo to learn more.)
- You must be the administrator of the Groopit you want to integrate.
- Your Groopit email must match your Slack user email. If yours does not match, email email@example.com.
Complete Groopit Set-Up
In order to set-up Groopit for Slack, you must first complete the set-up of Groopit and be administrator of an active subscription. Please complete the following steps or verify that each step of Groopit set-up has already been completed.
- Sign up for Groopit using the same email address you use in Slack.
- Choose “Start a new group” and follow the instructions. Or, if you are already a Groopit Organizer, select from the list of existing groups you organize.
- Choose “People” to verify that you are listed as an Organizer.
- Choose “Share” and +Create a new Data Sharing Workflow to set-up at least one Data Sharing Workflow.
Once your Groopit has been set-up, it’s time to set-up the Groopit App for Slack.
Connect Groopit to Slack
Once Groopit has been set-up, it’s time to connect it to Slack. You will add the Groopit App for Slack from inside Groopit.
- From your Groopit, tap Share in the main navigation
- Tap + Add to Slack above the list of Data Sharing Workflows
- Review the instructions and tap Add to Slack
- Review the requested permissions, then click Allow
During the installation process, you may be prompted to “request approval for app installation” from the Slack workspace administrator. Follow the Slack prompts to do so. Once you have received a Slack message approving your request, return to Groopit and repeat the steps above.
Once installed, connect Groopit to Slack channels.
- Go to your Slack channel
- Type “/groopitadmin link” and press enter
- Choose the Groopit you would like to connect to the channel from the drop down list.
- Repeat to link additional channels.
Share Data from Slack
Type /groopit and start sharing data right from Slack.
If you need additional assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://groopit.co/help-center/
Users can share data from any Groopit client (web, mobile, Teams, Slack and Salesforce) and the aggregate feed of the shared data can be delivered automatically and in real-time to a Slack channel. Here’s how:
- Log into Groopit with administrative permissions
- Go to Share in the navigation menu
- Find the Data Sharing Workflow that has the shared data you want to deliver to a Slack channel and tap the three dots in the lower right-hand corner
- Select Send Data Feeds
- Tap Send data to Slack
- Below your Slack Workspace, tap Select Slack Channel
- Pick the applicable Slack channel from the list
- If this is your first time setting up the channel, check the box “to enable data sharing, add Groopit to this channel.”
- Tap Add
Add Keyword prompts to Slack
With keyword prompts you are creating a message that will prompt the user to share data via Groopit whenever a keyword is used. The message in the channel reads: You just mentioned [keyword]. Do you have [prompt] to share? Type ’/groopit’
Here’s how to setup keyword prompts:
- Go to channel where you would like the prompt to appear
- Type “/groopitadmin prompts” and enter. This will bring up the prompt controls.
- In the first gray box (4 in image above), add the keyword. You can have multiple keywords or phrases. Groopit will search whether a message contains the word or phrase. Add them each on their own line.
- In the second gray box (5 in image above), add the prompt. For example, competitive intel
- Click Save
Test out the prompt by commenting to the channel with the keyword.