The Groopit app for Microsoft Teams empowers people to share data without ever leaving the conversation. This guide will walk you through the supported features, requirements, installation and configuration.
How to set-up the Groopit App for Microsoft Teams
- You must be an existing Groopit customer to use the Groopit App for Microsoft Teams. (Request a demo to learn more.)
- You must be an administrator for the Groopit you want to integrate.
- Your Groopit email must match your Teams user email. If your does not match, email email@example.com
Connect Groopit to Microsoft Teams
Complete Groopit Set-Up
In order to set-up Groopit for Microsoft Teams, you must first complete the set-up of Groopit and be administrator of an active subscription. Please complete the following steps or verify that each step of Groopit set-up has already been completed.
1. Sign up for Groopit using the same email address you use in Teams https://app.groopit.co/
2. Choose “Start a new group” and follow the instructions. Or, if you are already a Groopit Organizer, select from the list of existing groups you organize.
3. Choose “People” to verify that you are listed as an Organizer.
4. Choose “Share” and +Create a new Data Sharing Workflow to set-up at least one Data Sharing Workflow.
5. Choose “Views” and +Add a view to set-up at least one view.
Once your Groopit has been set-up, it’s time to set-up the Groopit App for Teams.
Complete Single Sign-On (SSO) Set-Up
If your organization uses Azure AD, Okta, OneLogin, or any other OIDC enabled providers, follow these instructions to activate SSO: https://groopit.co/help-center/single-sign-on-configuration/.
Install Groopit App for Teams to Share from Any Channel
To share from any channel in Microsoft Teams, a Microsoft Teams administrator must install the Groopit App for Teams. Follow these instructions.
- Request Groopit Enterprise Administrator permission by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask a Microsoft Teams administrator to install the Groopit App for Teams by completing the following steps:
- Go to the Microsoft Teams admin center
- Go to Teams apps > Setup policies
- Choose “Global (Org-wide default)”
- Find the “Installed apps” section and choose “Add apps”
- Type “Groopit” in the search box
- Choose “Add” by the Groopit app
- Click “Add” at the bottom of the page
- Click “Save”
- You may be shown a notice that “Changes will take time to take effect”, click confirm
Once the Microsoft Teams administrator has completed the above steps and the install is complete (it may take up to 24 hours for changes to take effect in Microsoft Teams) users will receive a welcome message from the Groopit App.
You can also confirm set-up is complete by typing @groopit from any Teams channel and choose Share. If after you type @groopit Teams says “We didn’t find any matches.”, Teams has not completed installation.
- Tap New Conversation
- Type ‘@groopit’ and select Admin. You may be prompted to select Add.
- You may be prompted to sign in and link your Groopit account to your Teams account, follow the prompts.
- Choose Manage Links
- Choose Change settings drop down menu and link to this channel
- Type @groopit in any channel, select share and start sharing data right from Teams.
To only let people share from specific channels, install the Groopit App for Teams to share from specific channels by following the instructions here.
Finish Configuration of of the Groopit App for Microsoft Teams
Deliver aggregate data feed to channels in Teams
Users can share data from any Groopit client (web, mobile, Teams, Slack and Salesforce) and the aggregate feed of the shared data can be delivered automatically and in real-time to a Teams channel. Here’s how:
- Log into Groopit with administrative permissions
- Go to Share in the navigation menu
- Find the Data Sharing Workflow that has the shared data you want to deliver to a Teams channel and tap the three dots in the lower right-hand corner
- Select Send Data Feeds
- Tap Send Data to Teams
- Below your Teams organization, tap Select Teams channel
- Pick the applicable Teams channel from the list
- Tap Add
An aggregate feed of data shared with the workflow will now appear in the associated Teams channel.
Add keyword prompts to Teams
With keyword prompts you are creating a message that will prompt the user to share data via Groopit whenever a keyword is used. The message in the channel reads: You just mentioned [keyword]. Do you have [prompt] to share? Type ’@groopit’
Here’s how to setup keyword prompts:
- Go to channel where you would like the prompt to appear
- Type @groopit and choose admin. This will bring up the administrative controls
- Tap Keyword Prompts
- In the first gray box (4 in image below), add the keyword. You can have multiple keywords or phrases. Groopit will search whether a message contains the word or phrase. Add them each on their own line.
- In the second gray box (5 in image below), add the prompt. For example, competitive intel
- Click Save
Insight views embedded on tabs in Microsoft Teams
Adding an Insights views tab allows everyone involved to see the aggregate data so they can make better, faster decisions without every leaving Teams.
- A group that is linked to Teams organization-wide or to the channel where you are adding the Insights tab.
- One View set up in Groopit
Here is how to add the Insights tab to a channel
- At the top of the page, click the plus (+) sign.
- Find the Groopit App for Teams (search for Groopit or find the Groopit icon in the list)
- Select it.
- If you aren’t already signed in, it will prompt you to sign in.
- Choose the Insights which has the aggregate data you would like displayed.
- Click Save
If you need additional information, visit https://groopit.co/help-center