The Groopit app for Microsoft Teams empowers people to share data without ever leaving the conversation. This guide will walk you through the supported features, requirements, installation and configuration.
How to set-up the Groopit App for Microsoft Teams
- You must be an existing Groopit customer to use the Groopit App for Microsoft Teams. (Request a demo to learn more.)
- You must be an administrator for the Groopit you want to integrate.
- Your Groopit email must match your Teams user email. If your does not match, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect Groopit to Microsoft Teams
Complete Groopit Set-Up
In order to set-up Groopit for Microsoft Teams, you must first complete the set-up of Groopit and be administrator of an active subscription. Please complete the following steps or verify that each step of Groopit set-up has already been completed.
1. Sign up for Groopit using the same email address you use in Teams https://app.groopit.co/
2. Choose “Start a new group” and follow the instructions. Or, if you are already a Groopit Organizer, select from the list of existing groups you organize.
3. Choose “People” to verify that you are listed as an Organizer.
4. Choose “Share” and +Create a new Data Sharing Workflow to set-up at least one Data Sharing Workflow.
5. Choose “Views” and +Add a view to set-up at least one view.
Once your Groopit has been set-up, it’s time to set-up the Groopit App for Teams. Before proceeding, you have an important decisions to make. Do you want employees to share data from a specific channel(s) or from any channel in Microsoft Teams? Make your choice and then follow the appropriate instructions below.
Complete Single Sign-On (SSO) Set-Up
If your organization uses Azure AD, Okta, OneLogin, or any other OIDC enabled providers, follow these instructions to activate SSO: https://groopit.co/help-center/single-sign-on-configuration/.
Install Groopit App for Teams to Share from Any Channel
To share from any channel in Microsoft Teams, a Microsoft Teams administrator must install the Groopit App for Teams. Follow these instructions.
- Request Groopit Enterprise Administrator permission by contacting email@example.com
- Ask a Microsoft Teams administrator to install the Groopit App for Teams by completing the following steps:
- Go to the Microsoft Teams admin center
- Go to Teams apps > Setup policies
- Choose “Global (Org-wide default)”
- Go to “Installed apps” and choose “Add apps”
- Type “Groopit” in the search box
- Choose “Add” by the Groopit app
- Click “Add” at the bottom of the page
- Click “Save”
- Once the Microsoft Teams administrator has completed the above steps and the install is complete (it may take up to 24 hours for changes to take effect in Microsoft Teams), proceed to next steps.
- Tap New Conversation
- Type ‘@groopit’ and select Admin. You may be prompted to select Add.
- You may be prompted to sign in and link your Groopit account to your Teams account, follow the prompts.
- Choose Manage Links
- Choose Change settings drop down menu and Link to this channel
- Type @groopit in any channel, select share and start sharing data right from Teams.
Install the Groopit App for Teams to Share from Specific Channels
To let people share from specific channels, install the Groopit App for Teams in those channels.
- Go to the Groopit App for Teams listing to install the app.
- Choose + Add to Teams
- Review the instructions and click Add
- Review the requested permissions, then click Allow. Important: During the installation process, you may be prompted for installation approval from the Teams administrator. Follow the prompts in Teams to secure any necessary permissions.
- Go to the channel. You may be prompted to set-up Groopit insights; skip this step for now.
- Choose New Conversation and select … from the compose box
- Search for Groopit, select Groopit, and then select Admin.
- Choose Add
- Choose Manage Links
- Choose Change settings drop down menu and Link to this channel.
- Type @groopit in the channel and select share to start sharing.
Advanced Microsoft Teams Capabilities
New capabilities are being added to the Groopit App for Microsoft Teams. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning about and using the newest features.
- Keyword prompts activated throughout Microsoft Teams
- Insight views embedded on tabs in Microsoft Teams
- Aggregate data feeds delivered to channels in Microsoft Teams
- Single Sign-On (SSO) using Azure Ad, Okta, and other OIDC enabled providers.
If you need additional information, visit https://groopit.co/help-center/